Saturday, April 10, 2010

southern snow

So you may have heard that it snowed a little bit while I was on spring break. As in I heard a pretty reliable source say 48 INCHES in the mountains. Which was magical in the mountains, but a little cold/wet in the city for this now-southern girl.

When I stepped off the plane upon arrival in NOLA I was met with a wall of muggy, humid, HOT air. It was amazing. It even smelled like summer.

So imagine my surprise when I went out to my car and discovered snow! In NOLA! In April!!!


Silly reader, I didn't mean frozen-ice-crystal snow; I encountered pollen snow. Seriously, so much pollen that it was like a greeny-brown snow had fallen. My car looks green. I've had to 'shovel' {okay, sweep, but basically the same!} the walk every day and its still covered. Pollen has come through the car air conditioner and gotten in my shoe. Brandon promised me that once we had a thorough rain the pollen would stop falling from the heavens.


Luckily, the rain came. And everything was super-covered in pollen. And I had to sweep. BUT, since then, no more pollen on the walk! My car hasn't gotten any greener/scungier.

But I did encounter my first mystery bug of the season! Moving on to more adventures of southern summers!