Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A week ago today...


A week ago today, I became a real Southerner (at least by my account).


And why do I feel I passed that milestone, you ask?


Because a week ago today, I went on a date with a Southerner. And not just a slow-talkin, yes m'aamin Southerner. No, this is a swamp campin, alligator killin' Southerner.


Yep, you read that right. The majority of our dinner date was spent discussing the various and sundry ways to catch, kill, and eat an alligator. Which, in case you were wondering, is yes, illegal, but according to good ole boy, there is an overpopulation problem the locals take care of the old-fashioned way.


Bottom line, he was nice, there will not be a second date (hopefully there will not be a request for a second date either!) and I feel justified in my newly extended Southerner status.


Happy Alligator Day!