Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday Tis the Season

This morning I was so cold I expected to see this:


and before you go thinking that I've gone soft being here in NOLA, I will have you know that it got down to 34 degrees here last night! While that might not be cold at home, it is darn cold here!


This being Tuesday, I went on my usual excursion to the farmer's market. Not only did Miss Taylor greet me enthusiastically and have my eggs put aside for me, she also had homegrown speckled lettuce. Yes, it is supposed to look like that (it's kind of like heirloom tomatoes, but with lettuce). And it tastes amazing! And I feel much more comfortable with speckled lettuce than I do with mustard greens, collard greens, and kale, which are her usual green offerings. All around, it was a very good trip to the market, and the start of what I am determined to make a super day.