Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Have you ever seen a Chateau by the sea?


This weekend I did. And while the Chateau itself wasn't quite what you imagine when you think "Chateau"-(how often do you think tropical birds upon check in and chateaux, together?)- the weekend was amazing! For this weekend was AMc's FIJI formal in FL and it was one of my very favorite formals, and yes, my very last one.


First hint that the weekend was going to be great: we didn't ride on the bus. And we had sandwiches from Refuel to kick off the drive. So basically, we got there faster, more comfortably, and with better food than the kids on the bus.


The rest of the weekend pretty much went like this: eat, party on the beach, Harpoon Harry's, party on the beach, sleep, head down to the beach, lay by the pool all day with AMc, music provided by the very hospitable KA's from Alabama, get ready for the formal, dinner, formal, go-go dancer bar, off-franchise coyote ugly, party on the beach, sleep, drive home, see the nug. It was action packed and totally great.
A wrap up by the numbers:
Hours saved not riding the bus: at least 4, and probably more

Hours I spent with shoes on after arrival: maybe 4, including the formal

Fraternities at the Chateau this weekend: 3 (Pikes from UGA and KAs from 'Bama

Hours spent at the pool: a lot

Minutes spent at the beach while the sun was up: maybe 30

Hours spent at the beach once the sun was down: quite a few

Brownies consumed instead of meals by our room: at least 12, with brownie snacks as well

Bottles of H2O personally consumed: probably more than anyone else in our group

Bars danced on: 1

Times needing rescue from said bar-top dancing because of scary female admirers: 1

Navy boys met: 4

Hats stolen, then returned of course: 5

Drunk AARP members who complimented my dress at dinner: 3

Times I heard the word 'agressive': 3849573849 more than I ever needed or wanted to in my life

Minutes I was able to coax AMc into the hammock for the whole weekend: approximately 30, he's apparently not a hammock man


Like I always say, AMc, you are my fave date ever, thanks for taking me!