Monday, April 6, 2009

It was my birthday, and did we celebrate!


The best birthday weekend ever just wrapped up. It was amazing. I mean, rock your socks off, holla atcha boy, neon-filled, rollerskating fabulous, fancy dining, sorbet making, ice cream cake eating, staying out all night then getting breakfast, amazing.


Thank you for everyone who made it so fabulous: the Tulane Baseball team for pulling out a killer win over LSU on my birthday eve, Melvin for my birthday cookie (and even Jared for eating most of said cookie-saved me some calories for later in the weekend!), Gabi for her amazing rendition of Bonne Aniversaire, E and A for possibly the best dinner of my life on my birthday night, M and Gma for their birthday calls, my parents for singing happy birthday every time we talked, my neurobio of disease professor for making our exam the morning after my birthday easy (haha, that was one wish that definitely didn't come true this year, maybe next exam...), Joe for taking my afternoon Admissions shift, T for making the party playlist (nice inclusion of MJ!), everyone who came and rollerskated the night away (particularly those who rocked the 80's, costume wise!), the flowers, the cupcakes, the Sucre delicacy, T, A, and R for the amazing rollerskating show-particularly during "male-skate," Rekha for coming out even though she had studying to do (I know you are going to dominate this physics exam!), Charn for introducing me to her frenchman, my anatomy TA's for coming out and for their amazing Aorta card, T for making sure we hit all of the birthday hot spots and time goals, plus a few extra and providing breakfast :), Rebecca for coming out and being a huge sport, and for letting us borrow her car Saturday and Miss Tulip for behaving like a lady and sleeping until 2 on Saturday.


Most of all I would like to thank my most amazing sistah, for planning and executing the most wonderful birthday weekend ever and especially for partying like a champ in a HOT outfit :) You are the blue lamé headband to my gold lamé leggings-one just isn't complete without the other. Everything was awesome: the decorations, the wrapping, the ice cream cake, the candles, the noisemakers, the confetti, the pink bangle and white jacket, the strawberry stuffed french toast, oj and hash browns at brunch at my fave, and the birthday poem!


Sometimes you go through a period of time, be it a moment, an hour, a day, or a year where everything is just great. Not necessarily perfect, because perfect is boring, but so great you look around and marvel a little more than usual at the world. That's how the past 6 days have been, like letting go of a bunch of brightly colored balloons to float in the sky: something marvelous that you will never get back, but so wonderful you want to do it again next year!