Monday, October 6, 2008

Catch the Wave Homecoming 2008


This past week was Homecoming at Tulane University. As you may know, I was crowned Tulane University's 2007-2008 Homecoming Queen, which was an amazing honor. So this past week Taylor (my King) and I had our last hurrah as reigning Homecoming royalty. In honor of our passing of the crown, I am going to have a quick trip down memory lane to last year's Homecoming.


The Court at the Alumni Emeritus event at Scottie C's house. It was a pretty big deal. The funniest part about this event was that I had a lab immediately before we were to be at the President's House for the party, so I wore my dress and heels, with a lab coat covering my outfit, was performing brain surgery on rats, and then ran to the party!


During the Pep Rally, with the Cheerleaders, Football Team, and President of the University. Followed by green, blue and white fireworks!


Practicing on the field of the Superdome before the game. It was so huge and dark and still. It was amazing to think of all of the excitement and joy that has happened within its walls, as well as the horrors and terrors that occurred within its walls during Katrina. An amazing building, with many, many stories.


Were those our names they just called?!?!? Wow-so unexpected, so exciting!


We recovered a bit of composure for our walk to be crowned.


Our first walk as King and Queen along the sideline. Taylor was a little jealous he did not get a crown, so he improvised. But he did get an official "King" medal.


I discovered last year, and this year, that drunken people really like the crown. And really want to have pictures taken with you wearing the crown. Funny story about these men-I totally saw one of them this past weekend at the Homecoming tailgate! And he is dating a friend of mine! He did have the decency to look a bit uncomfortable during the conversation-perhaps a bit of regret over last year asking me to "stroke his chest" for the above photo?


This year's parade attendee's from our court: Shubo, myself, Taylor, and Harlan. We threw out candy this year, and I think we were a pretty big hit. The new court was throwing out Homecoming beads-cool to catch, but not candy!

On the field just before half-time with the new court, Grand Marshall, and Scottie C.


Our last photo as Homecoming King and Queen! The Grand Marshall this year was actually Rex, King of Carnival this past Mardi Gras, so he and his wife are royalty too! And Scottie C is Scottie C, he spray painted his hair green for the day!