Thursday, October 23, 2008

Googly Eyes Part 2

googly eyes


Googly Eyes


GoOgLy EyEs


GOOgly EYes


GOOGLY EYES!

As you may recall, last week I spent many an hour proctoring the Anatomy Lab midterm. I like to refer to that experience as having my googly eyes on the students. Today, the googly eyes were reversed, and I had the distinct pleasure of having 220 googly eyes on my as I taught the Anatomy Lecture. I was a bit concerned going into the lecture this morning, as I was to present 2 chapters in about 50 minutes, while the professor usually presents about 1/2-2/3 of a chapter in 50 minutes! So it was quite the task! I think it went pretty well, I covered the material I wanted to cover in about 35 minutes! Unfortunately there is not a clock in the classroom, so I didn't know I was speed-demoning my way through until the end when I finished and everyone looked overjoyed that they had gotten out early! Reports are in that I did not speak too quickly, even though I finished so quickly, so that's nice to hear! Most importantly, people seemed involved and actually engaged when I asked questions, so that was pretty great! And they laughed at my joke! E came in sat in to enforce some discipline and everyone was very well behaved! I was talking to E about the lecture as he kindly gave me a ride to my next class and he asked what my joke was that everyone had laughed at. Ummmmm, I'm not really sure...probably wasn't really a joke, probably more like the class just laughing (at me), but I feel that controlled, non-malicious, laughter mid-lecture is always a good sign!

My lecture was about muscle tissue and types, so I gathered some pretty cool graphics. If you have questions about muscle tissue, feel free to ask, I'm all brushed up and ready to share my knowledge!!!! And my lecture ppt if you want to see the cool pictures :)


Skateboarding muscle man

Chess playing muscle man