Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Best served upside down

DQ is absolutely, without a doubt, one of my great weaknesses in life. I love it. It is 100% the best vanilla ice cream in the world. And the chocolate sauce is amazing. So the combination of ice cream and chocolate dipping sauce in a chocolate chip blizzard is unparalleled. When I am home I may make a concerted effort to stop by at least every few days. Please note, I said "when I am home." Down here in the Dirty Dirty they aren't as obsessed with DQ as I am. There are actually a number of culinary areas in which New Orleans is a little lacking, despite having some of the best foods and restaurants in the world. But that's another post for another day. There is only 1 DQ within a 100 mile radius of Tulane University. Many people here do not even know this one location exists. I don't know how said people get through life. While the DQ is not 100 miles away, it is relatively far compared to daily life locations and definitely inconvenient. And most people mock when it is suggested a trip out be taken. That is, until my mama came to town. I love my mama and am so glad she came. AND THEN, she did the impossible, she made my love increase exponentially. She suggested we go to DQ. Just because. Which is obviously the best DQ visit reason. And even awesome-er than going was when she wanted to go. You see, we had been to DQ the night before while running errands. TWO DAYS OF DQ IN A ROW. Just the idea made my head spin. We didn't actually end up going, but it is lovely knowing I have a DQ ally in town. So the next time you are feeling warm, or in need of a reminder about how great summer is, just stop by your nearest DQ, it's sure to brighten your day!