Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Daddy,
You are the best. You are the fastest, funniest and most brilliant father in the world. You are a dream-maker: you always helped me set goals and work towards them, helping me figure out that I could do anything I wanted, as long as I fully committed to it and put forth at least the effort required, my dreams could come true. You are a teacher, a mentor and a friend. You constantly inspire me to be a better person. You are so selfless and kind. And nice. Most of all, you are always there for me; letting me eat lunch in your office daily when I needed an escape from Oracle, sending a pick-me-up comic in the mail or an I'm thinking of you email before a test or just because, being a running buddy when I really don't want to do that long run, waking up at 5:30am everyday during the summer to train with me for a half-marathon. You are dedicated and committed and I love you more than words.
I wish we were there to celebrate you this weekend, but since we aren't, I hope you grill a steak and watch baseball and golf all night!

Love, love, love!