Thursday, July 16, 2009

The nugget is growing up

This morning, Miss Tulip went away to summer camp. Sleepaway summer camp. She was THRILLED and nearly wiggled and jiggled out of her skin she was so excited. I, on the other hand, felt a little nauseated at the thought of leaving her for 5 whole nights. But I know she'll have fun. She loooooves Miss Angela and other dogs, I know she will romp away her days and dream of her purple place all night-just like summer camp is supposed to be. Packing her up last night reminded me of all the times I/my mama packed me for summer camp. I loved summer camp and thought they were the absolute best way to spend the summer. Here are some photos from one of the summer camps I went to over the years, Camp Akita.

These are the cabins you stay in, bunked up 3 to a column, 20 in each side. Note the swimsuits and towels drying on the railings-wet items are no good at camp, yet they always happen!

This is the lake where 95% of time is spent. We played a game with the high board: when your feet leave the board the lifeguard asks you a question, you have to answer by the time you hit the water. Very fun and endlessly amusing!

Craft time is always a fave :)

The high adventure complex-ropes course, climbing walls, ziplines. Basically, amazingness suspended 50 ft from the ground!

And on one very special night, the counselors set up the giant slip-n-slide which ends in a mud pit. So basically its muddy slip-n-slide, which quickly turns into mud wars while sliding down a giant sheet of plastic. As you can imagine, totally awesome!!!